Matthew Modine sets off a college admissions scandal in a new trailer for the Netflix documentary Operation Varity Blues (premiering Wednesday March 17).
The Stranger Things actor plays Rick Singer, the man behind the program, in the document, which, according to the official synopsis, uses an “innovative combination of interviews and narrative recreations of the FBI tapping into conversations between Singer and his clients.” “Operation Varsity Blues provides a rare glimpse into the enigmatic figure behind a program that exposed the length of time it would take wealthy families to enter elite colleges and angered a nation already grappling with the effects of widespread inequality . “
Press PLAY above to watch the trailer.
Ready for more of today’s new nuggets? Good…
* Sissy Spacek (Castle Rock) and Ed O’Neill (Modern Family) will report in Amazon Prime’s prime sci-fi drama Lightyears about a couple who years ago discovered a chamber buried in their backyard that inexplicably closed a strange, deserted planet, our sister site Deadline Reports.
* Geoff Stults (registered), Tiya Sircar (The Good Place), Alanna Ubach (Euphoria), Laurie Davidson (Will), Andre Hyland (Search Party) and newcomer Jules Latimer joined Kate Beckinsale in the Paramount + Dark Comedy Guilty Party attached deadline.
* Theo Rossi (Luke Cage, Sons of Anarchy) will star in the Netflix limited series True Story alongside Kevin Hart and Wesley Snipes and play a superfan who accompanies The Kid (Hart) on every stage of his comedy tour, reports Deadline.
* Transplant promoted Torri Higginson, who plays senior ER nurse Claire Malone, to the regular series for season two by deadline.
* Netflix has released a new First Look at Jupiter’s Legacy that features a look at Josh Duhamel as Sheldon Sampson / The Utopian. The series starts on Friday, May 7th.
Which of today’s TVLine articles are you interested in?