Smash alum Christian Borle has a new killer role: The actor will return as Prodigal Son in the second season A former monk known to run a rampage reports our sister site Deadline.
Borles Pete was kicked out of the church for his extremist views, after which his murderous acts took him to the same mental health department as Martin (played by Michael Sheen). In his final case, he will act as a key advisor to Bright (Tom Payne).
In addition, Michael Potts (Law & Order: Special Unit for Victims, True Detective) will appear in several episodes as Martin’s new therapist.
Prodigal Son returns on Fox on Tuesday January 12th at 9 / 8c.
Ready for More of Today’s New Nuggets? Well…
* The CW renewed Penn & Teller: Fool Us for an eighth season, while the world’s funniest animals, which debuted in mid-September, will be back for season two.
* Amazon Studios’ upcoming animated series Invincible, based on the comic book of the same name by Robert Kirkman, features Mahershala Ali (Ramy) as Titan, Clancy Brown (SpongeBob SquarePants) as Damien Darkblood and Nicole Byer (Nailed It!) As Vanessa & Fiona, Jeffrey Donovan (Burn Notice) as Machine Head, Jonathan Groff (Mindhunter) as Rick Sheridan, Jon Hamm (Mad Men) as Steve, Djimon Hounsou (Wayward Pines) as Martian Emperor and Ezra Miller (Justice League) as DA Sinclair.
* Shameless tapped Chelsea Alden (13 Reasons Why) to return last season as a furniture store cashier who, according to Deadline, saves Carl from an angry customer.
* During the seventh and final season of Bosch on Amazon Prime, Annie Wersching (Marvels Runaways, The Rookie) will repeat her role as Julia Brasher, TVLine has confirmed.
* Netflix is working with Fremantle on a US adaptation of the Australian soap Heartbreak High, which is “inspired” by the original series but “completely reinterpreted” for a new generation. A premiere date is planned for 2022.
* SCAD aTVfest will be virtual in 2021, the festival was announced on Monday. A full schedule – including screenings, panels, and series premieres – will be released on Friday, January 22nd at 10am CET in conjunction with the start of ticket sales.
Which of today’s TVLine articles are you interested in?